Superheroes
Have you ever felt embarrassed by the things that you used to like? I don’t remember how I discovered superheroes, but by the time I was in preschool, they were my favorite topic. I personally was a huge fan of the Power Rangers and the Japanese Masked Riders series, and watched every new season. I collected the figures, collectible cards, and the big, chunky gadgets with flashing lights and sounds. When I saw new toys at my friends’ houses, I would spend hours playing with those toys, fascinated by them. I was so into them that I went to a Power Ranger museum, taking photos with each of the heroes that, at the time, I didn’t know were random people dressed up. I’d write my own comics based on the superheroes and pretend that I was one of them, fighting the invisible monsters in the backyard. It wasn’t until maybe fifth grade when I started to feel embarrassed talking about superheroes. My friends that I had once talked about superheroes with ha...
Comments
Post a Comment